Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Chrissy 3

This was Dr. Jessie’s last week in the clinic. The baby is still not breathing normally, and the mother has lost any trust she had in Dr. Jessie. They painted the hospital really nice, most likely in an effort to placate the problems of this hospital and delay building the ‘new’ hospital that has been promised for so many years.

The clinic was steady all week. The most interesting case was a 20 month old with Icthyosis. Dr. Jessie nor I had seen it before, but Dr. Mario knew what it was instantly and said he had seen other cases of it in Tegucigalpa. Keith, a friend of Dr. Gary’s, came into the clinic a few days and took pictures of the kids and moms and he brought a little printer and gave everyone pictures, everyone really enjoyed that.

I had family visiting all week, so I didn’t make it to Peggy’s clinic at all. I did hear that there is an American woman here in Coxen Hole working with people living with HIV and AIDS. Miss Valerie, is what I heard her name is, so I might try to touch base with her and see what she has going on.