Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Chrissy Journal 4

Week 5

This week started out pretty busy on Monday we saw 19 patients, whereas we usually only see 15 with one doctor and then got really slow to no patients on Friday. We can only assume the island was healthy. The most interesting case to me was a baby girl that Dr. Gross had seen a few weeks earlier in the newborn exam and thought she had Down’s Syndrome. She came in this week for her ten day check up and had lost weight, she only weighed 5.5 pounds, littlest baby I’ve ever held. Dr. Mario suggested that she take some high calorie protein formula too.

Since the clinic slowed down, I spent some time cleaning and dusting and organizing before Dr. Stephanie and Dr. Aditi arrive next week. Dr. Mario made arrangements for one of the social service doctors, Dr. Dennis, to come into the clinic next week as well, since he will be in Tegucigalpa taking tests next week.

One of the doctors gave a presentation over lunch on Monday, I think, but I didn’t realize it until after it happened, so I wasn’t there.

I did ask Dr. Mario about Miss Valerie, but he hasn’t heard of her, so I will have to ask around some more.